Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Draft 2

I've been busy working on my claim.  I got rather tired of harvesting, so I decided to use dirt since I had so much of it and paint over it later since I have my paint tool!  So right now my little slice of the world is just a Castle of Dirt.
I built the castle right into the mountain. I didn't bother to clear a space or level the area. That resulted in a very nice natural-like mesh between the walls of the castle and the mountain.

Fair warning, there's a hole in one of my walls atm.  The only out is with a grappling hook!



I've got a lot of detail work to put in, but so far it's not bad. It's just simple.


For the last week I've been digging and building down to the bottom of my claim. One of the things I wanted to do was test how close to my barriers I could build and to line out my claim.

I've found out that the edges of the claim really don't like you building around them at all, but you can, if you have the patience.

Currently the north wall of my castle has a missing floor to allow access to the secret passageways.


Size of this doorway is 10 voxels high and 8 voxels wide. Probably too small for big races, but as these are secret passageways I felt it was fine.

On your way down you're gonna notice some tabs/voxels by the left of each door. Those are to help guide me/you out. The side of the door they are on goes down. No little tab on the left goes up.


My stairs! This little section in underneath each of the turrets. The floor drops down 5 or 6 voxels at each door way so that the floor spirals around to the very bottom of my claim.


This is one of the long hallways underneath the walls that connect the turrets to one another.


The trunk of a tree that cropped up on my claim a couple of days ago. I've chopped it down but it keeps coming back up. Stupid thing goes all the way up through my turret.


One of the rooms inside the center of the build. I've decided that I made the turrets and such a little big so I'm going to do all the rooms of the castle underground. I'll probably redo it all at some point.


The very bottom floor. There is a floor of 1 voxel high from the bottom of my claim to pad it for when I build more things.

I had difficultly with the making the N on End...


Now I just need to figure out how to make a tower for the center between the four turrets!

2 comments:

  1. Those darn weeds will getcha every time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're supposed to be gone now, but I had more cropping up last night.

    ReplyDelete